After losing enough weight to feel comfortable wearing a practically skin tight costume…I made a Wonder Woman costume for DragonCon. I didn’t want to be all exposed with the whole traditional granny panties style of costume, nor did I want to take up the time to make the skirt. I was lazy this year as far as sewing goes, I just wanted to craft.
So I found a picture of the WW eagle symbol online and blew it up as wide as I thought my boobs/chest area would be that it would need to cover and traced it onto craft foam. I double layered the craft foam for more stability and glued the two pieces together with foamie glue (this stuff is sooooo sticky, wash your hands, don’t rub them on your pants, learned this last year lol).
I knew I’d need a lasso of truth, so I found this really cool rope trim that was already golden…SCORE! Even less work to do! lol Purchased stars because they’re so hard to have uniform when you’re painting them…and of course, this costume was all about trying to be simple in construction. The red stars were for the tiara and for the bracers. White stars for doing down the legs of the blue pleather tights.
So I found a red “leather” corset on sale at Charlotte Russe and heated up the craft foam piece and started shaping it to fit the shape of the boobs on the corset. After it cooled a bit, I applied the first of MANY layers of tacky craft glue to it. This helps the foam keep it’s shape…AND it allows the paint to actually sit on it, instead of just sinking into it. It looks better, trust me.
Here you can see how it was starting to look all together. The red corset with the blue pants that I bought. You can find them on ebay Here
Final version included the bracers that I made and repainted from my She-Ra costume last Halloween. A belt that really was bitch to make and have correctly sit at the bottom of the corset and a tiara that I didn’t want to sit on my forehead like the traditional costume because the wig that I bought had bangs. So I actually wore it most like a tiara and kept it in place with a pin on either side. It stayed up well because it had been reinforced with lots of glue too.